How Secure are you?
Every October is Cyber Security Awareness Month.
The Office of Information Security and Privacy (OISP) is located within the Colorado School of Mines department of Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT) and works with the campus community to increase the security of the campus information infrastructure, including the data network and connected hosts.
- Security Tips - Ways to combat the worst cybersecurity threats currently found on the Mines network.
- Virus Protection - Free antivirus software is available to the entire CSM community. It is required for all computers using the campus network.
- Security Alerts - Current security alerts and information on protecting your system from cyber-attacks.
- Incident Reporting - Guidelines and suggestions for reporting security-related incidents to CCIT.
- Privacy & Security Policies - Policies related to privacy and network security.
- Contact Information - Ways to contact the Office of Information Security and Privacy staff.
- Change Password - Criminals are out there. So you'll want to change your password now and then.
Outages & Announcements
- [16-May-2013 5:30-7:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [10-May-13 7AM] Mines Blackboard Upgrade
- [6-May-13 7:15AM] Computer System Outages
- [29-Apr-13 3PM] Computer System Outages
- [19-Apr-2013 5:30pm until ~5:30pm 20-Apr-2013] Banner/Trailhead Systems Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk. For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session, dial extension x2345 for fastest service.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies:
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401
Computing Commons Front Desk:
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address:
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.